Simon Jones is a commercial property lawyer with over 20 years’ experience. Graduating from the University of Waikato in 1997 with a Bachelor of Law and a Bachelor of Arts, Simon was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand later that year.
Simon has a sound general practice background in the areas of property law, trusts, wills, estates and commercial law. He developed a particular interest in commercial property law and spent six years as part of the property team at a well-respected central Auckland law firm, where he acted for property developers, investors, traders and high net worth individuals.
Simon joined Foley Hughes as a Senior Associate in 2012 and became a partner of the firm in 2013.
Simon has been granted the title of Notary Public and is able to provide notarial services, including the certification of documents required for use overseas. Notarial services are by appointment only.
Simon’s areas of practice include:
- Commercial property transactions
- Residential property transactions
- Property funding and securities
- Subdivisions (boundary adjustments, freehold, leasehold and unit title)
- Commercial leasing (for landlords and tenants)
- Sale and purchase of businesses
- Business law
- Joint Ventures for property transactions
- Family Trust formation and transfer of assets
- Estate administration
- Powers of Attorney (including Enduring Powers of Attorney)
- Notarising of documents